- The Environmental Advisor is looking for people to serve on the Environmental Advisory Committee representing different aspects of environmental areas coming from various scientific fields such as but not limited to: Ecology, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Soil Science, Geology, Atmospheric Science, Geography, Earth Science etc. Potential environmental areas to be covered are: air quality, energy, green technology, pollution, habitat and wildlife.&position_duties=The committee provides opinions and analysis on environmental and energy matters to the Executive Board to enable them to define Party policy; suggests the most reasonable stances on environmental policies for the USA NAP based on an objective, non-biased interpretation of valid scientific data from reliable sources; addresses global concerns facing our biosphere as a whole and the research which reflects concerns within our natural biological communities and provides Party membership with information on current environmental issues affecting the USA.
- Ability to navigate and use Facebook effectively
- A resident of the state he/she represents
- A member of his/her NAP state chapter
- 18 years of age or older
- Willing to complete a non-disclosure agreement*
- The committee members will need to gather data on all issues of environmental concern; provide the Executive Board with scientific information, interpretation, and opinion needed to define Party policy regarding environmental matters; promote environmental science awareness; report on scientific advancements in the field; report on current environmental issues; research different political stances on environmental issues. Members will need to submit a weekly report to the Environmental Advisor regarding all significant environmental issues affecting the USA within their area of expertise. The Environmental Advisor will review all weekly committee reports and combine these reports into one Weekly Environmental Advisory Report to present to the Executive Board in the weekly Advisory Council meetings.
- BA or higher in a scientific field such as but not limited to: Ecology, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Soil Science, Geology, Atmospheric Science, Geography, Earth Science.
*Completion of a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) is required in order to protect the confidential information of our membership, as all in leadership positions might receive access to the membership roster. The NAP takes its members’ privacy very seriously.
If you are interested please contact NAP.EB@usanap.org. All positions are on a voluntary basis and open to professionals within the field or graduate students within their area of expertise.