Article I – Name
A) Political Committee Name
1. The name of this organization, as a ‘national political party’ certified under the provisions of the Election Law of the United States of America, shall be the “National Atheist Party,” hereinafter referred to as the “Party.”
Article II – Purpose
A) Purpose of the Party
1. The purpose of the Party is to develop an informed, energetic and effective nationwide political organization in order to support the principles, goals and platforms of the Party as adopted by the National Convention of the Atheist Party, and to secure the election of all duly nominated candidates and electors thereof.
Article III – Governance
A) Party Governing Body
1. The Executive Board is the governing body of the National Atheist Party and shall be responsible for conducting all party business. Qualifications and duties of the officers, procedures concerning the times and places of meetings and rules and procedures for governance of the Executive Board shall be set forth in the bylaws.
Article IV – Members
A) Party Membership
1. Membership in the Party shall consist of all persons who are registered voters under the laws of the United States who have declared their affiliation with the National Atheist Party proper.
Article V – Convention
A) Virtual Convention
1. For each year in which the President of the United States is elected, the Atheist Party shall hold a Virtual Convention (ongoing) for the purpose of:
a. Electing an Executive Board.
b. Adopting a Party Platform.
c. Presenting Ballot Issues requiring a membership vote.
2. Election and Ballot Process
a. The elections will be held on March 11th of that year.
b. Any members wishing to present Ballot Issues or suggest a Party Platform revision must submit a Policy Proposal Submission during the Election Cycle which begins January 1 of the Election Year. NOTE: In order for any member to suggest revising any of our core values, 75% (Super Majority) of the membership must be in agreement.
c. Election information will be posted on the National Atheist Party website on January 1 of that year.
d. All potential candidates for Executive Board positions are to inform the Executive Board Secretary of their intent before March 1st of that year. The candidates will be listed on the Election Page on the website. They may begin campaigning as soon as they have announced their intention formally to the Executive board and then to the general membership on either the website or Facebook.
e. To ensure integrity and oversight, the Elections will be conducted by a separate and independent polling company, overseen by three independent principled individuals of exemplary integrity.
f. Election results will be verified by the independent council and the formal announcement will be made on March 13th of that year.
3. Responsibilities of Newly Elected Officials
a. Official duties and responsibilities of newly elected officials shall commence on April 11th of that year.
b. Outgoing elected official’s last day of responsibility shall effectively be when the installment of the newly elected official has occurred.
Article VI – Identification
A) Party name, Motto, Mission Statement, Political Statement and “We Are” Statement
1. The party shall be known as the “National Atheist Party”
2. The party’s motto shall be “From Diversity and Reason, Unity”
3. The party’s “Mission Statement” shall be:
“We seek to politically represent U.S. atheists and all who share the goal of a secular government by gathering the political strength of secularists nationwide while being guided by the values of secular humanism and evidenced-based reasoning.”
4. The party’s “Political Statement” shall be:
“The National Atheist Party stands for the enforcement of the United States Constitution, the promotion of individual thought and rights and its secular values.”
5. The party’s “We Are Statement” shall be:
“The National Atheist Party is a progressive, secular, political movement and response to the lack of representation for all freethinking people who are legal, law abiding citizens and residents of the United States. We demand emancipation from the corporate sponsored religious dogma that has infiltrated our government and has unjustly influenced political decisions and policy making. We are for the PEOPLE, by the PEOPLE and therefore incorporate the right to use the power of the PEOPLE to restore equality in our Democratic Republic in reasonable, rational and non-violent means. The National Atheist Party is open to people of all races, sexes, sexual orientations, and cultures. We are committed to a government free of superstition, bias, guided by the principles of Secular Humanism, equal opportunity, recognition of merit, and economic responsibility. The National Atheist Party does not seek to inhibit the religious practices or beliefs of any group, but are committed to the division of church and state and that religious preference is a private matter, which has no place in the government or in government facilities.
The vision of the National Atheist Party is to provide a representative political voice for U.S. Atheists and other secularists to usher in and reinforce a secular government.