The first ever National Atheist Party Board Elections and Referendums have come to a close.
All changes go into effect on April 11th, 2012.
Winners of the Board Elections include:
President: Troy Boyle
Vice President of Outreach: Jacob Kramer
Vice President of Administration: XXX XXXXXXX (per email request 5/9/12)
Treasurer: Flash Kellish
Platform Referendum votes results:
1. Proposal: Repeal “IN God We Trust” as the national motto and from use on currency and official documents.
- Passed with 95.8% of the vote.
2. Proposal: The official mascot of the National Atheist Party shall be: Honey Badger, Velociraptor, or Human.
- None of these met the greater than 66% threshold. Human: 64.5%, Honey Badger 22.2%, Velociraptor 13.3%.
3. Reinstatement of the Fairness Doctrine
- Passed with 89.3% of the vote.
4. Environmental Committee Proposal: The NAP should immediately ban the licensure for construction of new electric power plants powered by fossil fuels — coal, oil, or natural gas. Power companies must turn to nuclear power or alternative energy sources.
- Passed with 68.4% of the vote.